Sunday, August 14, 2005

If Not For Dreams!!

I've always been a dreamer, a dreamer much much beyond mundane imagination! I dream a lot, and for me, dreams are not just when I sleep. I just think of a lot of things, when I am wide awake, and I get lost in a series of thoughts! It may range from cricket to music to life to work! Like the wise men say, its just not enough to dream, you have to work towards it. Sadly though, I have not been able to fulfill my dreams, atleast up and until this point of time in my life. Have to admit though, my dreams were far fetched, but then, thats what dreams are meant for :-) If there are some things that you cannot achieve in life, atleast acheive them in ur dreams :-)

I used to imagine a lot, about me playing for the Indian Cricket Team :-) And yeah of course, not just playing but also playin match winning knocks, and you know right, those heroic deeds! I was very serious about my cricket till I left school :-( Not that I do not play cricket now, but I am not thinking about it, like I used to :-( On the bright side, I ended up representing my school, my college, and right now I represent my organisation in cricket. :-) I feel I am at my best, when I on the ground competing against opponents, at cricket! It kinda brings out the best in me. You gotta admit that life in general, and any sport, share so much in common. Most of the things in sports, can be related to our lives. Well some of these things just continue to fascinate!

Next, I had always dreamt about playing music, being part of a band,.and treating a huge crowd to some wonderful music. I used to envy the way fans used to love it, when they saw their favorite stars, live in concert. I had imagined being in that situation too! How lovely it would be.... But sadly it only remained a dream :-( Once again, on the bright side, I do play the keyboard, and I did perform with a band, 4 of my college frnds (included 2 of the best guitarists in chennai), in front of a sizeable crowd, at a rock show! Another significant memory -> I played the keyboard for my church choir at christmas celebrations, when I was 7 yrs old, in front of a 2000 strong audience :-) Have to admit, I was much much better at playin the keyboard when I was a small kid. I kinda lost touch after 8th std :-( Thanks to cricket! :-) I do play still, I just take out my keyboard once in a while and play the songs that I love listening to. Music is my life!

These were just some of my dreams, and it was really fascinating to dream them, being fully aware that I was only dreaming. Its really nice to live a lot of things, in your head. Who knows, someday it might come true! And if it does, you are gonna be best prepared for it, cos you have gone through it all before, albeit in your thoughts :-) But one thing that projects itself, from all these experiences -> when u dream hi fi, even if u fall short in real life, its still some achievement. Do not hold back, when u dream! Let your imagination take wing! Happy flying....

6 comments:

divyasurendiran said...

Hey, i can relate to your post.
Me too a big time dreamer :)

monu said...

you are what you think you are...
our dreams are a little way of reassuring ourselves of what we think we are capable of..so dream on buddy.......
:)

johnny boy said...

Divs -> Join the club... its 00:45 now, I'll be startin a new one in a few mins time :))

johnny boy said...

Monu -> "you are what you think you are" -> so that explains exactly, why I AM a dreamer :))

Ram Subramanian said...

Monne ... Monne .. may be your next post should be about your nightmares and how you dread certain things :-) .. you know what i mean.

johnny boy said...

Rama , dread what?? The only thing i used to dread was your grumbling,each n every time u lost some competition or the other, to me... :) haha