Tuesday, June 07, 2005

MY WEEKEND !!! :)

My weekend started off very slowly but it soon looked as though everything was happening too fast! Finally I ended up watching 2 movies in 2 days, and both - second shows! Talk about relaxing on weekends! On Saturday, I had to come to office, since we had a java training programme going on. The class dragged till 6 in the evening, so the whole of Saturday was spent in office. Actually the week long Java training was very very useful. We had a nice trainer who catered specifically to the needs of a beginner, like me! I sure did carry a lot of positives out with me, at the end of the training.

Got back home around 7 and I just about started listening to music when I get a call from a colleague, informing me that we might go for a movie. The 'keep yourself free' kinda warning :) Things so turned out that we ended up watching a Tamil flick “Ullam Kekkume more ". I had gone with my colleagues at work, the only thing we enjoyed through the movie, was each other's company. The movie was nothing to rave about, and the phrase 'very ordinary' would serve as a compliment! You won’t believe the shock i got halfway through the movie, when i suddenly recognized a familiar face, on screen! Yes, it was my dear friend, Rohan Lean, strumming away on his guitar and singing ' Who the **** is Alice?' , uncensored :)) By the way, for those don’t know, Rohan is an amazing singer, he's got a super voice ! I proudly spread the word around to my colleagues that the man on screen was a good friend of mine!

Sunday was another hectic day in the making. I met up with my college class mates, for a get together, at Dhaba express. It was real fun, reliving those good ol college days! As expected, we ended up trippin on each other and laughing our stomachs out! After a heavy lunch, we went to barista for some cold coffee, and got back home around 4.

It had been around 2 months since i went to the gym, and I was really determined to make sure I went and paid the fee for this month, cos once i do that, my conscience would make sure I get up early in the morning and go! So i went to the gym, joined for the month and worked for an hour. It felt real good to be back to gymming ways! I met my school friends Asif and Rohan at the gym, and that was where our sunday night plans evolved. We decided to go for a movie, and finally four of us - Asif, Rohan Regi and I went to sathyam and watched 'Kingdom of Heaven'. The movie was an 'Ok Ok’ one. Nothing great about it. Especially movie buffs who would have seen flicks like 'Gladiator' and 'BraveHeart', would not care much for this movie! It was 2 am, and finally, an exhausting but fun filled weekend came to an end!

2 comments:

Ram Subramanian said...

Jonny .. we should add this to our lists of firsts for our famous Cycle Gang ..

First in the gang to feature in a movie " ROHAN LEAN "!!! good good ..

Dude i cannot wait for december .. make sure ure in Chennai .. and well bring the place down ..

johnny boy said...

Haha ... yeah u are right. But u tell Rohan about this, and he'll get mad. Our man is not too pleased at being called an 'actor'..... :-) He denies it and tries to avoid the topic !!
I should be here only in december.. Yeah dude, cant wait... Am sure we'll have a blast!