Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A Lighter Shade Of Life

The lovely things one can associate with babies, is truly endless isn't it! The very thought of carrying a 'small bundle of life' on your shoulders, is such an emotional ride in itself! You tend to realise that the wonders that technology brings to us everyday, come a cropper, in comparison with the wonders that accompany a new born baby!! Just a simple observation of new borns, their behaviour, the things they do, the way they look at different objects, and there is sooo much to learn!!! Its so fascinating. And trust me, your learning never ends!


It must be pretty obvious now that I am totally bonkers about small children. I jus love spending time with kids, especially babies. Till they become around 2 years old, thats the age group I just adore! After that, they tend to get a little (understatment to the core!!) naughty. Carrying a baby in my arms, is one of the best feelings on earth that I can ever think of. Putting a baby to sleep on your shoulders, only to find saliva dripping down onto your shirt like 'waterfalls in slow motion' - well these are feelings best experienced in flesh, than written about! The sweetness that comes along, with these things, is jus beyond compare. My best attempt at putting it down in words, will not come anywhere close to the real thing, trust me. Another thing that I really adore, is a baby's feet. They are soo tiny and soft !! So damn cute. Whenever u place your finger in a baby's palm, without hesitating, they tend to wrap their teeny weeny fingers around it! It gives an idea of how dependent they are, it gives the child a sense of security when they wrap their fingers tight ('tight' by baby standards!) around a single finger of ours. Amazing isn't it!


New born babies look upto their parents, for life. They try to express this in whatever little way they can! You can see all the innocence in the world, in a baby's eyes. I wanted to share one more thing, though it may sound very funny, and very trivial to some. My mom tells me that when I was a kid, I used to do soemthing very funny, whenever I got the chance to meet babies. I used to lie beside them, looking continously at the baby, waiting for them to yawn!! Guess why ?? So that I could smell their mouths :)) Well it may sound disgusting to a few of my 'highly refined' readers :) But come on guys, we are talking about babies barely a few months old. I might find it difficult to reason out why it attracted me so much and stuff, cos these are not things that u associate a 'why' question with ! But the smell is somethin I jus adore, simple as that! Maybe it has to do with the sweetness of a baby's yawn, whatever. Believe me, given a chance to see a baby yawn, I would not miss the opportunity now either :) And I dont mind being made to wait, for the yawn to come :) With babies, trust me, yawns take a long time coming :)


Before I realised, the post has become quite a long one. Well, I do know that some of you all would not have liked reading through this huge block of text. Few of you may even feel its too kiddish for me, to write about this. But I just spent some time and reflected back on the things that I liked, in life. And this brought me to the conclusion that if I did not write about babies and small children in my blog, atleast once, then the very meaning of having my blog would go down the drain. Thanks for the patience!

16 comments:

ioiio said...

u've been tagged johnny boy! look at my blog for more info

Adel Anwar said...

John, "you" wrote all that??!!??

Ram Subramanian said...

Monne .. right about the babies.. if only the women i know were as cute as babies are..

I am gonna get a black eye soon ;-)

RamantheB

p.s. finally the King's been acquitted of all charges.

Ram Subramanian said...

Monne , speaking of which .. have u been drinking too much lately ..

ure details seem fishy. are you sure its babies your holding in your arms ?? There are a lot of other things that could fit ure descriptions ..

johnny boy said...

ioiio -> Your comments are always totally irrelevant to the post i put up !! :-) haha .... yeah sure, i'll tag in very soon... Expect a post, in this regard very soon.

Adel boy -> Yeah da , I myself wrote all "that".. Do i sense some sarcasm ?? :-) Jus curious, why do u ask?

johnny boy said...

Rama -> lol, atleast u restricted the 'scope' of your black eye by saying women 'you knew', and not generalising :-)
Yeah dude, was good to know that MJ's exonerated... But going by the past few years, it wont be long before he makes it to the headlines again :-) Hopefully for the 'right' reasons, for a change!

johnny boy said...

RamantheB -> No man no... No drinking.. By the way, the 'baby', is a child i am talking about! When my whole post is about children, why does such a thought enter only "YOUR" head ?? :-) hehe..

Anonymous said...

Johhnnyyy really pleased 2 read ur blog...u got so much in ur head!!wishin U'll get many babies 2 admire:)

ioiio said...

lol.. I wud remain that way!

neway, What u wrote is true.. I still have no words whatsoever to explain what I felt when I had my niece aditi in my hands for the very first time..she was soft..ahe was cute..ignorant..

Its easily one of the most touching moments in my life..

ioiio said...

tagged for the second time in 2 days..

nee dhaan maattiney indha dhadavaiyum!

Adel Anwar said...

lol.. no sarcasm mate. Just wonderin what got into you to write about babies.. Ok, my imagination is goin wild here, so let me stop before I....

Saraansh said...

Babies eh...Johnny... hmmm...

johnny boy said...

Adel n Saraansh -> before you guys start thinkin a lot, I guess I better come out with the next post :))

johnny boy said...

Yeshwant -> which baby are u talking about ?? The one with you, in your display pic ? :) Mine was just a general post on babies!! :)

karma said...

A dad in the making!!!!

johnny boy said...

lol @ Aravind :)
btw, welcome to my blog !