Friday, February 05, 2010

My Green Shoots - din't survive for long :P


I had to put up these pics!! If they failed to impress during the photo competition week in college, so what!! :) OK, to put things in perspective these pics were shot by me and I had sent them for a photo competition in my college. The theme for the competition was ‘Green Shoots – Signaling the economic recovery’. The problem with me is that I think too much at times, and I end up paying for it. I did quite some work to put these 3 pics together and file my application! I had added captions to sync with the theme too. I was faintly upset when none of my pics were selected, and frankly I was shocked second time round when I saw the winning entries! :P I was told that the judge supposedly thought I had flicked the pics from the internet.. Now how’s that for professionalism? :D Moral of the story – Know where you are, and act accordingly! Very disappointing I say... Anyway, you guys have no option but to go through these pics! So here are the underprivileged ones that dint make the cut...

1) This pic was shot in Kodaikanal.. Beautiful misty place isn’t it? Loved the solitary green shoot on the left towards the bottom, amidst all those gigantic trees!! And hence the caption :D


2) This was shot right from our terrace! There was this branch which was all but withered away.. Out of nowhere this green shoot had managed to survive the worst and yet emerge from the brink! I really thought this would be the best pic to visualize the theme i was given.. Sad enough, nobody agreed... Heheh..


3) A bit of a motivational caption, I must admit.. Fuels positive thought and the vigor that's required to overcome any slump, economic or not :D Guess I was the one who needed it the most, after the results were announced .. lol..


It was not the prize or anything of the sort I was looking for, it was just the satisfaction I pursued... Eventually I ended losing whatever little satisfaction I had :P Next time there is a photo competition in college, I would be greatly motivated to click the judge's photo and mail in my application :D Atleast I would save myself the guilt of not having tried my best :D All said and done, I was not as unhappy as I might have sounded in this post.. I was more pricked :D And hence the satire ... Aaal izz (in the) well... :D Folks, next time around before choosing the photos you want to send for a competition, spend more time choosing the compeition you would like to send it to :D Smile now!

2 comments:

GuNs said...

heya!

You're still blogging? I thought you gave up ages ago. Only happened to come across your profile again while browsing through comments on my old posts. How are you doing, man? Where are you now and please do keep blogging. I should go catch up on osme of your posts now to see what you've been up to.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

steve said...

Hi, i was part of the group that organised the competition, saw the pics and was almost sure you would take it, the pics were exactly like they were out of a fairy tale...only the judges didn't agree and now i see there is a 'fiery tale' of what exactly you went thru when the results were announced....even i sent in some entries and they were also booted out....like you said it is important to see which competition you participate in or rather who the judges are.