Monday, October 30, 2006

The 'Bundle' Of Life !!!

Technology has reached dizzying heights, software has developed way beyond our wildest imaginations, travel and living has advanced like crazy and the list goes onn.. But the ONE thing that has always fascinated me the most, has been the small bundles of life, babies!! Yes, even a peasants family can bring into the world, the same angel that any millionaire could have! This miracle of God is something way beyond technology, money, knowledge, power, status, religion, nationality - say what you want - its still way beyond it!

My passion for the little ones has driven me to post yet again. This time ofcourse with some snaps to support my stand... The pics that you will be seeing on this post, were all taken on my mobile phone! Mobile photography is something that I am crazy about! My friends would know best about this, lol. The way they get irritated when I start clicking away to glory, taking snaps of trivial things too! :) My mobile is not THE latest one in the market, so please adjust with the picture quality n stuff lol. Instead try to imbibe the sweetness from the expressions and the implicit beauty of the pics!

Thats Mariam, cozy as ever. Thats what I call 'deep sleep'!

Let's joooomm in a little bit!! ;-)

Okay, these pics were taken when I was at my native place, Cochin! The sleeping princess is my niece 'Mariam'. Isnt she such a doll? Wow I jus love this snap. The 2 pillows are kept on both her sides, to prevent her from rolling and falling off the bed :) And to imagine that the pillows are bigger than the child! So cute.. The way the baby curled up inbetween the pillows was a really adorable sight, and I just could not resist clicking! Those pillows which would otherwise seem so insignificant to us when we use it everynight, now seemed to have that magically cute thing associated to it, didnt it?

The million dollar smile! I would'nt mind travelling miles to see this one!

This pic was taken a few minutes after the previous ones were taken! lol, yeah its the same place, same baby! Have a look at that expression on her face! Soooo amazing.. I can keep looking at this snap for hours together, without even realizing it! I was guilty of waking her up, cos I was crawling all around her with my phone, tryin to click different poses of hers when she was sleeping :) And yes, my silly self accidentally woke her up, but thankfully I managed to make her laugh and smile tooo! And what a laugh that was!! Soooo adorable.. But hey, pls dont underestimate the things I had to do, to make her happy. Wonder how i might have looked with all those funny faces! "Already it looks funny by itself " - I can hear you all saying.. Jus shuddup ok! :) Anyway, thank God, the cam was focussed on her face, and not mine! lol...

Amma doing what she does best! Doesnt the expression on the child's face say it all? So cute!!

Thats my mom with one of her old student's son. Man, does she have her way of handling babies! I guess I got this attraction towards babies partly because of her. She can make ANY baby stop crying, and she manages to put them to sleep too (Not by talking!)... She is just awesome with a baby in her hand. Probably I was totally mesmerised by the way she handled them..

She is not called a 'baby' just cos of her age, or else she is every bit one!! Lowe this snap..
For a change, this time its not a 'baby' as such, but she's my grandpa's sister. One of the sweetest 80 year olds, made to look like a small babbiiee, inbetween two 'tall' brothers!! lol... Yeah dats me and my bro flanking her on both sides! Women might not get much mroe safer than that, lol.. Jus kidding.. But hey in this pic, pls dont think she is sitting or kneeling.. She is very much standing, and there are not photoshop tricks here! :) Have to mention again, she is a reallly sweet granny. She lovvvves usss sooo muchhh!!!

That's me holding Sara! (I've put her to sleep, note da point..) lol..

Back to the real 'babies'. Thats my cousins daughter, 'Sara' and me, in the pic above. It was her baptism ceremony, and thats why yours truly was in full formals and all.. lol.. The place - Days Inn Shaan, Chennai. The actual 'baptism' ceremony was just about the only time when that child was not in my arms, lol... That too the priest insisted that the baby should be with him, for that 15 mins when they pour holy water on the child... :) Rest of the time, I had the privilege of 'handling' her..

Thats me and Aadhi. He is never short of an expression on his face! :-)
Well till now you guys saw girl babies and my wonderful lil experiences with them. Now here is one cute fellow who is an absolute sweetheart, Thats "Aadhi" and me in the pic. He is my colleague's 1 yr old son. The snap was taken when I had gone to my colleague (GR's) house. A cute house, very cute family and of course, an adorable child! He can be notorious at times, but he is such a cute chap. He's got that 'scientific, always thinking' expression on his face!! One thing about him, you'll probably know it 5 mins in advance before he starts crying! His face swells up, the cheek bones suddenly appear prominent, those million wrinkles appear one-by-one on his chubby face, his lips curve into an 'S' shape and the eyes start growing smaller and smaller. When all these happen, it's time to look out for his mother, or else, say your prayers :)

Hope you people did not mind the HUGE post :) It was a topic I truly loved, from within my heart! I had a tough time trying to stop my hands from flying all over the keyboard. The words jus kept (keep) coming and coming and... . There are still lots more snaps with babies! Probably I'll put them up in another post, cos this one is gettin jus tooo big! lol.. Like I always say, that feeling when a 'bundle of life' sleeps innocently on your shoulders - is a feeling beyond compare! Nothing comes even close, in comparison! Seeya around!

12 comments:

Lakshu said...

Johnny boy... tht was an amazing post from you... tooo good..and those babies... my goodness.. they are cho..cho chweet... really cute pics... and hey remember...the last pic was taken frm my mobile.... ????

John,u need a special mention here for capturing the little expressions of mariam so well..it is awesome...special applause to u seriously for that... !!!

And the title "The 'Bundle' Of Life" is amazing ...itz got lot of meaning attached to it... well chosen title for this post

great job johnny boy.. a very cute post frm u!!...good going... keep it up!!!

Anonymous said...

ohh my God!!!!! i dont belive this!!! u really are obsessed are'nt u!!! lucky kids of your man! u'll make an awesome dad!!! loved the blog!

monu said...

cutie pie kids
:)
just happened to come here after posting my nephew's pics in my blog
:)
i love kids too
:)

Anonymous said...

soooo cute...that was a really kweet post...the kids are soooo cute...not bad...ure getting better at photography...i guess its my influence(lol) now dont kill me for this...
but this post was very very very very cute....i was jus smiling ,reading it..

GuNs said...

Kids !!

Even I love to be around little babies ...most of the times. The only times I hate babies is when they create a ruckus in the most unnecessary place like in a movie theatre or a crowded bus.

All other times, kids are real fun to be with.

-PeAcE
--WiTh
---GuNs

GuNs said...

Time for a new post brother !

swas said...

Mannnn!! You're so grown since the last time I saw you! :P

Well, Somehow I kied the pictures in the post! Inspite you being there, that is! ;)

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Wow..Thts adorable post! :) But y no updates after tht?

Sangeetha :) said...

Chooo chweet....

This is awesome ....

I like the part with "Aadhi"..... damn Cute

Ofcourse, the part that talks abt sweetest 80 year old baby :-)

Hey fella.... the way u had presented the whole stuff is nice

Keep rocking buddy

- Sangee :)

Rahul said...

phew !! mann.. how do you manage to pull if off ! Was searching in my list of Adjective, only to discover that ur readers had stolen all of them from the bag. ;o)

Well you dont want me to even try matching ur calibre in describing /expressing things... so i'll spare my self on ur behalf..

loved the aprt where u described aadhi.. and i read it twice .. i cud not hold myself back dude..

great going...

debo said...

Thats a sheer bundle of joy overflowing inside my mind and i can't keep hovering around it for a l'il more time!

Only 5/6 months back i saw my friend's sister giving birth to this baby and now the fellow is growing to b a philosopher one day. And some 19yrs back when i had an infant coming into my house to share my parents wid me.Everything is so clear and vivid now and the credit goes to u johnny.

I am feeling happy and blessed. You are gem of a photographer and a human,and a writer!Life is feeling to be better through the smoked glass you shared with d readers in this post.Looking forward to have more of the likes.

sameer said...

nice post.
T20 World Cup 2020 Fixture
T20 World Cup 2020 Time Table
T20 World Cup 2020 Time Table PDF